Wednesday 8 January 2014

Dress Shopping! (Personal Addition #32)

If you're a girl in senior year, you are probably facing the same challenge as me. Finding the perfect dress for your grad or your prom. I hear lots of my friends had already had theirs, many of which had chosen the first ones they had tried on.

My experience with this was not so simple. I went to many stores trying to find the perfect dress that I wanted to wear for my graduation. This was not a simple task for me as I had a laundry list of criteria that I wanted my dress to have. First of all, I wanted the cost to be within reason. I felt like anything upwards of $350 was way too expensive for a dress you will wear a limited amount of time. Next, I wanted it to be strapless and floor length. This is a very common style to many of the dresses so this part wasn't hard. I was having a hard time deciding how much rhinestones and embellishments I wanted on my dress. I decided that I wanted some for sure, however I definitely did not want that to be the main focus of the dress. The hardest criteria I wanted to meet for my dress was the fact that I wanted it to be flattering and nice, but at the same time look unique. I find that a lot of the dresses you find are much like the next one and are very typical. I wanted something a little different because I think that suits my personality. The issue was, anything that was different than your typical dress was not very flattering… I suppose things are popular for a reason.

Grad dress shopping is stressful and takes a long time. A tip I would give to people is to try and go when there won't be very many people there. My friend and I tried to go dress shopping during our holidays, and a couple stores said that there was a two hour line just to try something on. This is how that shopping experience ended up:
We decided to go out for sushi instead!

However, on monday afternoon I went shopping with my mom, and came across exactly what I was looking for! I was so relived to just know that the seemingly impossible task was over! Here's the dress that I finally decided on:
http://wanelo.com/p/3901220/jovani-30070-print-prom

I feel like this dress is perfect for me as it has everything that I was looking for. I loved the embellishment as well as the fact that it was a little different with the multi colours. Even better, this dress was discontinued and so it was 50% off! I am really happy for myself and I can't wait to wear it to my grad in June!

Good luck and much patience to those who are still looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment