Thursday 14 November 2013

Imagery- Island

Finally I was released from the bumpy basement of the boat and the power of the sun engulfed me. The beaming rays of the sun had never made me feel so overwhelmed before. It just kept shining down on me, punishing me with it's heat. Even though I didn't know where I was, the smell of sulphur reminded me of the vacations I had taken in my former life. I kept reliving the times I had spent on the beach, drinking tart margaritas while basking in the sun. The wind was faint, so I could hear the crashes of the waves bursting onto the island. As I listened, the calming effect they had had on me in the past was called to mind. But not anymore. Everything has changed.

http://www.frasercheam.com/2010/09/picture-of-week-fraser-river-island.html

No comments:

Post a Comment