Thursday 26 December 2013

Christmas 6 word memoir (Personal addition #27)

In my community, December is a month filled with anticipation. All in preparation for the 25th, Christmas Day. So many advertisements and decorations are put up just for that one month to prepare for the joyful exchanging of gifts that most people participate in. The thing about Christmas I find so funny, is the fact that after Christmas Day, everything stops. We live in this holiday facade and no matter how the day goes on the 25th, it's over on the 26th. My brother and I were talking about it today, saying for the whole month of December, having a Christmas tree in your house is so exciting and then after the big day the tree seems merely a waste of space. Christmas Day is so worked up in our minds and by media that the actual day is... kind of a letdown. Don't get me wrong though, Christmas is always a good time to spend with family and celebrate the joy in our lives. It just seems though that Christmas is much more worked up than needed. 

That's why I wrote this memoir, "and just like that, it's over." because I thought it was a good summary of how I (and probably lots of people) are feeling now that Christmas is over. I chose a comma for punctuation because I thought it was a good break in the phase. It gets you thinking of what "all that" is around christmastime. I chose the period at the end because it makes sense as Christmas is over and so is the idea of the phrase. The font and colour were more practical decisions, as the font is thick enough and the colour bright enough to clearly read the words. The picture I chose was of my Christmas tree because that's what gave me the motive of writing this memoir due how my brother and I feel about our Christmas tree right now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment