Saturday 12 October 2013

Marilyn Monroe (Personal Touch #7)

I have a small obsession with Marilyn Monroe. Quite frankly I am not sure why. I am not really educated on the details of her life story, just the main ideas. This all started when I started watching Smash.

Smash is a show that just got cancelled this year. The main plot in the show was people creating a musical about Marilyn Monroe. (There were many sub plots along the series) The musical that they were writing in the t.v. show was called Bombshell.

Perhaps the reason I love Marilyn Monroe so much is because I love the songs from Bombshell. They are very catchy and show Marilyn from behind the camera. For example Let's be Bad, from Bombshell, which shows Marilyn when she was quite under the influence while filming her movies.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loKIhKIIeGY

For whatever the reason is, Marilyn Monroe is definitely someone I find very intriguing as well as entertaining. I have a black and white picture of her in my room and I am also starting to read some biographies on her life. Her death is a very controversial topic to this day. I am really looking forward to getting to know the kind of person Marilyn was and why it is that people adore so much about her.

https://weheartit.com/tag/marilyn%20monroe%20gif

“To all the girls that think you’re fat because you’re not a size zero, you’re the beautiful one, its society who’s ugly.” -Marilyn Monroe

No comments:

Post a Comment