Monday 30 September 2013

6 word memoir #2




This memoir was on the theme of love. A lot of memoirs about love will include people and their significant other. Relationships may change but one thing should never change; you should love yourself, and whatever kind of person you are at the time. I also believe that you can’t love other people if you first can’t love yourself. That’s why I created this six-word memoir.
First of all, I wanted this picture to be of a blank mirror, because mirrors are how you’re able to see yourself. The significance of it being blank is that I didn’t want any one thing being reflected in it as it is always changing. (Just like people are constantly changing) There is no font here as the writing is lipstick on the mirror. I chose to do this as it seems more personal then adding text, and this memoir is meant to be personal. The comma I used after the words “Loving yourself” is effective as it creates a brief pause after the main idea of the memoir to allow the reader to understand the significance. I chose to use an exclamation mark as I feel that this further reiterates the importance of loving yourself. The effect I added in the background was of outer space. This is representing every individual, as we are all different, just like the stars.    


No comments:

Post a Comment