Monday 30 September 2013

6 word memoir #5



My future is undecided at the moment. However, on a trip to Toronto last spring with my mom I decided I would love to live there. There is just such an energy in Toronto that Winnipeg can’t compete with.  Not to mention that there are so much more opportunities for performing arts, which is what I adore. I chose this picture because I feel like it is a good embodiment of this energy. It starts at the bottom where you can see pedestrians crossing the street and the lights of oncoming traffic. Then it moves up to the buildings that fill the streets and finally the top of the picture where you can see the iconic CN tower. All these aspects help portray this energy, which is why I want to live there. The font and its colour I used are very simple as not to take away from this action shot of the city.  I didn't add any effect on this picture as I wanted this picture to look as real-life as possible. The words I chose for this one are particularly significant, specifically the word “just”.  I feel like the word “just” makes it seem like it is a simple task for me to live in Toronto, when in reality it would be very complicated. As much as I would love to live in Toronto, it just isn't that simple. 

No comments:

Post a Comment