Wednesday 11 September 2013

Reading Survey

In general how do you feel about reading?

For the most part, I see reading as a chore. I usually only read when I have to, which is for school. I have however, experienced the amazing trance reading can provide when you find a book that you are really interested in. When that happens, I will not put that book down until I have finished it. As great as that is, it is rare that I find a book that I find really intriguing. Perhaps this is because reading with the books I have been forced to read for school has turned me off to reading. I took IB English up until this year and the books we read were not only dry but also we read them at an extremely fast pace. I really did not have the time to appreciate those books. Most of the time reading is not something I enjoy, more something that I have to do.

How do you decide which books you will read?

Choosing books for me is a very difficult task. I feel like I am at a crossroads in my reading as in the past I used to enjoy reading series like Pretty Little Liars or The Clique. Now that I am older, and have learned to notice literary devices in literature, those books really don't cut it for me. For the most part, I ask my friends which books they have enjoyed, and what they think I would like. I like doing this not only because I already know people who have enjoyed them, but also because we can discuss the book afterwards. Choosing a book by myself is a little bit more difficult because in the end I just pick the one that looks the prettiest. Yes, this does mean I am literally judging books by their covers, but oh well.

The best book I ever read was The Perks of Being a Wallflower because...

I received a copy of The Perks of Being a Wallflower for Christmas last year and I couldn't put it down. What I really enjoyed about it was, first of all, it wasn't too long. I don't like when books go on forever, I lose interest quickly. However this book was long enough to have a storyline but not so long that I got bored. Second of all, I really liked The Perks of Being a Wallflower because it dealt with issues that teens can relate to. The main character was a kid starting high school and through the year him and his friends found themselves in situations where they were dealing with sexuality, drugs, abuse and mainly just finding out who they are. The serious aspects in the book along with the humorous parts were what made me really enjoy this novel.

Techno "Do-You" Paragraph

The phone I currently have is a Blackberry Bold. I do have internet access however I believe I only have 400 MB of data a month. This phone is not ideal to go on the internet even though I do have access to it. I own an iPod Touch that I can bring to class. It is my own and I believe it is a 4th generation. I do not own any kind of e-reader. I have a Twitter feed, I got last year when our Student Council made an account. Personally, I am not a huge Twitter fan. I get easily annoyed with the tweets that people make and I don't tweet very often as I'm sure my tweets would annoy others. Some things are just better left unsaid on Twitter in my opinion. Unless the tweets are funny or thought provoking, I do not care. I do have a blog, however only because I needed to get one for this years school musical. The assignments we have gotten in musical require us to write blogs in the perspective of our character in hope that it will help us understand our character during our portrayal. At the moment, I hardly understand how to manage my blogging account so I am rather interested in learning how to do this. In regards to the other types of technology, I don't have anything in particular that I am eager to learn about, however I'm sure I will learn useful things that will help me as our lives are becoming more and more technology based every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment