Monday 30 September 2013

6 word memoir #6



Last year on a school trip, I was able to have the opportunity to visit Cuba with the band program. We knew signing up that we would have a week of hot weather and chances to play our instruments, but we weren’t aware of just how special this trip would be. Without getting into too much detail about the trip, what made it so special was that we were able to interact with the locals and see first hand the power of sharing arts. It was such a unique experience, one I could have never even imagined.
For my memoir I chose this picture because it shows the simple beauty of the country. The effect I added is the Cuban flag lightly in front of the image. I did this because even though it is clear to me, it may not be clear to everyone where this picture was taken. I decided to separate the six words into statements followed by a period as it makes it simple. I have no doubt my trip to Cuba was the best experience I have had in my life so that’s why I put periods. It gives it that “end of story” feel. The font I used was simple so it gave me the liberty to play around with the sizes. I decided to make the word “Cuba” a bigger font because it shows the significance of the word. The word “Cuba” makes the memoir personal to me as visiting there was the best experience I have ever had.  

No comments:

Post a Comment